Light Weight PLA, All You Need To Know
Lightweight PLA LW-PLA is the first filament of its kind: a 3D printing filament using active foaming technology to achieve lightweight, low-density printed parts. At around 230C LW-PLA starts foaming and it increases its volume by nearly 3 times. By decreasing the material flow by 60% users can achieve lightweight parts. One can also use the expanding properties to reduce print time by printing big layer heights or extra thick materials. Fine tuning and optimization is required to make the most of your LW-PLA use.
LW-PLA is your material of choice where weight matters, like printing RC planes, drones and for cosplay purposes.
Compared with WOOD, PLA-LW has more stable interlayer bonding, and the foaming rate and strength can be controlled by adjusting the printing temperature. LW-PLA uses active foaming technology to achieve lightweight, low-density PLA parts. The foaming volume ratio is around 220%, and when printing the same volume model. Foaming makes the layered pattern almost invisible, and the surface of the printed item is matte and delicate. At around 210-270°C, this material starts to foam during printing, increasing its volume by nearly 1.2 times, and the printing extrusion rate can be reduced to about 45% to print lightweight parts.
Under the same model and at the same speed, the use of lightweight PLA enables the model aircraft to have a lighter wing load and a lower stall speed. For models such as airplanes, under the condition of balanced strength, reducing the weight as much as possible can greatly improve the performance of the airplane.
Product selling points:
- Low density, up to 0.54g/cm3
- The foaming volume ratio is 220%, and 1 roll of ePLA-LW is equivalent to 2.2 rolls of ordinary PLA
- Free adjustment of strength and foaming ratio
- Excellent surface effect, matte and delicate
- Good adhesion between layers, resistant to explosion and easy to repair
- Easy to paint, strong surface paint adhesion
- Excellent printability, large models do not warp, do not block, and do not need a constant temperature chamber
Lightweight PLA is the perfect FDM printing filament for all those lightweight 3D Printing models, such as drones and RC Planes.