Laser Module, Blue, 2.5W
Boksburg Store : 1 In Stock
The laser is a high quality blue laser module for laser engraving. The laser can cut soft materials as well, but the laser is designed for engraving, so cutting with this laser for extended periods of time will degrade the laser.
It has a variable lense to set the focus. The aluminium housing and forced air cooling ensures efficient cooling for optimal operation and long service life. The intensity of the laser can be adjusted via the TTL/PWM signal. Please see the table below for the materials that can be processed with this laser.
- Laser Type: Blue Engraving Laser
- Laser wavelength: 445 - 450nm (violet)
- Laser Output Power: 2.5 Watt
- Laser Input Power: 10 Watt
- This laser includes a set of laser protective goggles
- Spot type: Dotted (adjustable focus)
- Lense: Variable focus lense
- Cooling method: Forced Air Cooling
- Operating voltage: 12V DC
- Operating current: <1.6A
- Housing material: Anodized aluminum
- Module material: Copper
- Life Time: Up to 20 000 hours
- Working temperature:-40 to 70 Degree Celsius
|Material||0.5W Laser||2.5W Laser||5.5W Laser|
|3mm Balsa Wood||Engrave||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|5mm Balsa Wood||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|250g Card Board||Engrave||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|300g Card Board||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|250g Craft Card||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|Non-woven Fabric||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|Cotton Fabric||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|Polyester Fabric||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|Canvas||Engrave||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|Leather||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|MDF Wood||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut*|
|Acrylic / Perspex||-||Engrave||Engrave & Cut**|
|Stone / Ceramic||-||-||Engrave|
|Painted Metal Surface||-||Engrave||Engrave|
|Bare metal surface||-||-||Engrave***|
|Anodized metal surface||-||-||Engrave|
*Can cut MDF with multiple passes, but extended periods of cutting will degrade the laser. Yellow MDF or Laser MDF is recommended rather than normal MDF.
**Only dark colours of Acrylic and Perspex
***Metal engraving spray, powder or tape required for laser marking on bare metal surface.
- Always wear laser protective goggles (Included with laser) when operating a laser. This is not a toy, it is a powerful industrial tool.
- The colour of the material being processed can have a major influence on the efficiency of the laser, for example transparent and white perspex cannot be processed, but black perspex can be processed.
- Processing material with shiny surfaces like shiny metals can reflect the laser energy back into the laser which will damage the laser.
- When cutting wood, blowing compressed air onto the laser focus point increases the efficiency of the laser dramatically.